Recently I was having trouble remembering something I’d written in a post this summer, for a five part series Liz Dwyer encouraged me to post on GOOD, exploring “The Purpose of Education.” These were essays adapted with Liz’s support from a series on this blog, “The Root, Stem, Leaves, and Fruit of American Education.” I went bouncing around through the various links on GOOD, and thought it would be helpful for me to list these links in one place — as much for my own reference, as for the potential benefit of anyone else who might be interested in exploring these ideas with me:
You can follow Chris Thinnes on Twitter at @ChrisThinnes
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Chris.Thinnes.me is the personal blog of an independent school educator and public school parent. My opinions should not be associated with any institution or organization with which I am affiliated.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG BY EMAIL
Popular Posts This Month
- A White Man Swinging an Axe
- “How to Be White” at #NAISPoCC (Flashback from #PoCC12)
- White Male Leadership for Equity & Diversity: The Example of Dr. John Chubb (via @IndyCurriculum)
- Progressive Education Has a Race Problem (Part I)
- An Open Letter to the NAIS Board re: John Chubb’s Appointment
- How To Be White (at #PoCC12) – Part 1
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 3]
- How To Be White (at #PoCC12) – Part 2
- How to Be White (after #PoCC12) – Part 8
- How to Be White (at #PoCC12) – Part 6
- How to Be White (after #PoCC12) – Part 7
- What Always Seems Missing in ’21st Century Learning’ Frameworks
- How to Be White (at #PoCC12) – Part 3
- 13 Years of Dress Rehearsal?
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 1]
COMPLETE INDEX OF POSTS
RECENT TWEETS FROM @ChrisThinnes
RT @losangelista: I love it too. And what if all teachers had the courage to let students question race in America? https://t.co/eOIKmQudAn
RT @funnymonkey: I can't even begin to express how much I love this: https://t.co/2Zfsp1A2A4 What if all inquiry-based learning looked like this?
Me after reading @SuccessCharters' tweets on the NYT piece.
"Go to the 'calm down' chair and sit..." https://t.co/eIFtCfgHmC
RT @tressiemcphd: And I say that as someone who loves theory.
RT @tressiemcphd: When folks are being abused and our instinct is the theorize we become the kind of people that they say we are.
RT @tressiemcphd: The idea that a child's right to safety and teacher's rights to privacy are equivalent is how we get all kinds of abusive systems
THIS. Thank you. https://t.co/ZDDV61rc0k
- RT @losangelista: I love it too. And what if all teachers had the courage to let students question race in America? https://t.co/eOIKmQudAn
Chris Thinnes on Instagram
ChrisThinnes on INSTAGRAM