Recently I was having trouble remembering something I’d written in a post this summer, for a five part series Liz Dwyer encouraged me to post on GOOD, exploring “The Purpose of Education.” These were essays adapted with Liz’s support from a series on this blog, “The Root, Stem, Leaves, and Fruit of American Education.” I went bouncing around through the various links on GOOD, and thought it would be helpful for me to list these links in one place — as much for my own reference, as for the potential benefit of anyone else who might be interested in exploring these ideas with me:
You can follow Chris Thinnes on Twitter at @ChrisThinnes
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Chris.Thinnes.me is the personal blog of an independent school educator and public school parent. My opinions should not be associated with any institution or organization with which I am affiliated.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG BY EMAIL
- Writing That Challenges the “Grit” Narrative
- Public Schools at the Crossroads of Deeper Learning & Social Justice
- The 10 Most Popular Posts on Chris.Thinnes.me in 2015
- A White Man Swinging an Axe
- White Male Leadership for Equity & Diversity: The Example of Dr. John Chubb (via @IndyCurriculum)
- “How to Be White” at #NAISPoCC (Flashback from #PoCC12)
- “First, Do Not Prevent Learning” – A Review of @StuartGrauer’s Fearless Teaching
COMPLETE INDEX OF POSTS
RECENT TWEETS FROM @ChrisThinnes
RT @KrisGiere: Amplify the voices of those who say what you feel. Their art, their words, their music can change the world. #PeopleAreWorthIt
8 mins ago
...bc this isn't about "right" & "left" or "conserv" & "liberal." This is about how white supremacy plays itself out in ed. All. The. Time.
19 mins ago
...& absolutely mesmerized by @MsPackyetti's insistence on bringing her full self to the work in the face of literal & rhetorical violence.
45 mins ago
I am glad to see @juscohen's response to the fugue of willfully colorblind, white neoliberal racism that required it https://t.co/Ssv6ooeNQV
49 mins ago
RT @MsPackyetti: I’ll never quit. But we mostly haven’t actually called this what it is yet. Until we do. The status quo remains unshifted.
RT @MsPackyetti: But at this pt, basically the same folks are saying the same things +the threat is POC will go back to being silenced like the last 30 yrs
RT @MsPackyetti: And sure: it’s easy to never realize just how much privilege you have until it’s challenged. That’s how privilege works.
- RT @KrisGiere: Amplify the voices of those who say what you feel. Their art, their words, their music can change the world. #PeopleAreWorthIt
Chris Thinnes on Instagram
ChrisThinnes on INSTAGRAM