Recently I was having trouble remembering something I’d written in a post this summer, for a five part series Liz Dwyer encouraged me to post on GOOD, exploring “The Purpose of Education.” These were essays adapted with Liz’s support from a series on this blog, “The Root, Stem, Leaves, and Fruit of American Education.” I went bouncing around through the various links on GOOD, and thought it would be helpful for me to list these links in one place — as much for my own reference, as for the potential benefit of anyone else who might be interested in exploring these ideas with me:
You can follow Chris Thinnes on Twitter at @ChrisThinnes
Chris.Thinnes.me is the personal blog of an independent school educator and public school parent. My opinions should not be associated with any institution or organization with which I am affiliated.
Popular Posts This Month
- What if K-12 Education Were More Like Preschool?
- “Always Starting with the Children”
- An Open Letter to the NAIS Board re: John Chubb’s Appointment
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 3]
- A.I.M.ing for Inclusion with the NAIS Assessment of Inclusivity and Multiculturalism (Resources from #PoCC Workshop C-4)
- After #Ferguson: Sample Questions for Reflection & Discussion in Our Schools (via #PubPriBridge)
- Cultural Competence and Public-Private Partnership as Educational-Relational Thinking: Resources from #PoCC14
- “Plant the Seeds that One Day Will Grow” (Farewell Comments to Colleagues)
- Reading Comprehension Strategies from Ms. Lockhart's 4th Grade Students
- 6th Grade #StuVoice on the Education System (Part 1 of 2)
- "At the Table with Dr. King"
- Bridging ‘Teaching & Learning’ and ‘Diversity & Inclusion’ at #PoCC13 & #NAISAC14
- Cultural Competence and the ‘Pluriverse’ of Learning
- MT @CurtisUES: Twitterpated by personalized professional development: cfee.me/A5EL1n #PLN #PLE
- Educational-Relational Thinking & the Future of Public-Private Partnerships
COMPLETE INDEX OF POSTS
RECENT TWEETS FROM @ChrisThinnes
Helpful prospect, or lipstick on funding & priority pigs? "Arts Standards Will Help Youths Learn Across Disciplines" http://t.co/CVHQJUtKpq
40 mins ago
"Pushing The Pendulum" on #CCSS, testing, & #edpolicy, via @TheTeacherTom: http://t.co/9JZL9tpWvB @NetworkPublicEd
37 mins ago
"The Day the Purpose of College Changed" @DanBerrett: http://t.co/mahqqR3z3s (TY @mroth78) #edchat http://t.co/8gS9bfh3yz
RT @mroth78: Du Bois:"the pursuit of happiness won't be reduced to the pursuit of dollars" http://t.co/9H4ugu1ZyA @chronicle #WhyLiberalEducationMatters
RT @edifiedlistener: Understanding the Implications of Race http://t.co/HzC9DD9LyD @nicolecallahan @christhinnes @RafranzDavis
My old, dear friend Babak wrote this a few weeks after 9/11. If only leaders had listened. "A Suspect's Perspective" http://t.co/lYGD0VpKov
That's like the 5th copy of Klein's #ShockDoctrine I've reached to pull off my shelf, but I loaned & someone didn't return. Can't blame 'em.
- Helpful prospect, or lipstick on funding & priority pigs? "Arts Standards Will Help Youths Learn Across Disciplines" http://t.co/CVHQJUtKpq