I am honored to join Philip Cummings, Robert Dillon, Jill Gough, Alice Maund Parker, Meenoo Rami, and Glenn Whitman as a Fellow of the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence. I am particularly proud of the commitments to public-private partnership, and to “leadership as learning,” demonstrated by the Martin Institute, its leadership, and each of the members of this cohort. As explained in the Martin Institute’s press release:
Martin Institute Fellows are invited based on their passion for K-12 learning and their willingness to share ideas with others in the service of professional learning. Martin Institute Fellows have full time jobs as teachers, administrators, or educational consultants. They come from public, charter and private schools. They share the beliefs of the institute that learning is a process founded in questioning, sharing and reflection; that all educators can design and lead rigorous and relevant learning; and that everyone benefits from connected discovery and learning.
Further information about this exciting opportunity to “help public and private school K-12 teachers and administrators improve their effectiveness as educators and exceptional adult learners” can be found in Senior Fellow Grant Lichtman’s recent post and in the Martin Institute’s press release. I look forward to sharing more about this opportunity, and my collaboration with other Martin Fellows, as the experience evolves!
You can follow Chris Thinnes on Twitter at @ChrisThinnes
Share this post:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Chris.Thinnes.me is the personal blog of an independent school educator and public school parent. My opinions should not be associated with any institution or organization with which I am affiliated.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG BY EMAIL
Popular Posts This Month
- Center for 22nd Century Education to Transform Education as We Knew It
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 3]
- What if K-12 Education Were More Like Preschool?
- Grant Wiggins’ Essential Question about ‘Apartheid’
- An Open Letter to the NAIS Board re: John Chubb’s Appointment
- Cultural Competence as Educational-Relational Thinking (Slides from #NAISAC 2015)
- “Engagement, Respect & Reciprocity in Public-Private School Partnerships” (#EdCampLA #errppp)
- 9th Grade @ASESFTW Students Ask, ‘What if High School Were More Like Preschool?’
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 2]
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 1]
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 4]
- A.I.M.ing for Inclusion with the NAIS Assessment of Inclusivity and Multiculturalism (Resources from #PoCC Workshop C-4)
- “Always Starting with the Children”
- After #Ferguson: Sample Questions for Reflection & Discussion in Our Schools (via #PubPriBridge)
- Cultural Competence and the ‘Pluriverse’ of Learning
COMPLETE INDEX OF POSTS
RECENT TWEETS FROM @ChrisThinnes
ICYMI: @SonaliKolhatkar on "Dehumanization of Black Children & 'Preschool-to-Prison Pipeline'" http://t.co/FHCZnN7OLj (TY @biblio_phile!)
RT @AnthonyCody: One week from today I will be with 500 citizens working to take back our schools: Join Us! http://t.co/B2NY70icXJ http://t.co/atmajB3jzu
58 mins ago
∗Great∗ program at next week's @NetworkPublicEd conf...Tough to decide which sessions; don't want to miss anything! http://t.co/nxRnWAZDpX
52 mins ago
Seriously: if you can, make sure to see Wim Wenders' documentary on Sebastião Salgado, "The Salt of the Earth" http://t.co/r0PO2CGd6x
"Could it be that CA is solving the raucous education debate...?" @jeffbcdm interviews Bill Honig: http://t.co/vaNIh8GhHU (HT @DianeRavitch)
RT @CommonChore: What?! Allegations of impropriety in the governance of Chicago Public Schools?!! Say it ain't so...
@teachermrw Thank you for sharing your inspiring (as always) and honest (as always) reflections!
- ICYMI: @SonaliKolhatkar on "Dehumanization of Black Children & 'Preschool-to-Prison Pipeline'" http://t.co/FHCZnN7OLj (TY @biblio_phile!)