I am honored to join Philip Cummings, Robert Dillon, Jill Gough, Alice Maund Parker, Meenoo Rami, and Glenn Whitman as a Fellow of the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence. I am particularly proud of the commitments to public-private partnership, and to “leadership as learning,” demonstrated by the Martin Institute, its leadership, and each of the members of this cohort. As explained in the Martin Institute’s press release:
Martin Institute Fellows are invited based on their passion for K-12 learning and their willingness to share ideas with others in the service of professional learning. Martin Institute Fellows have full time jobs as teachers, administrators, or educational consultants. They come from public, charter and private schools. They share the beliefs of the institute that learning is a process founded in questioning, sharing and reflection; that all educators can design and lead rigorous and relevant learning; and that everyone benefits from connected discovery and learning.
Further information about this exciting opportunity to “help public and private school K-12 teachers and administrators improve their effectiveness as educators and exceptional adult learners” can be found in Senior Fellow Grant Lichtman’s recent post and in the Martin Institute’s press release. I look forward to sharing more about this opportunity, and my collaboration with other Martin Fellows, as the experience evolves!
You can follow Chris Thinnes on Twitter at @ChrisThinnes
Chris.Thinnes.me is the personal blog of an independent school educator and public school parent. My opinions should not be associated with any institution or organization with which I am affiliated.
Popular Posts This Month
- White Patience, Privilege, and Michael Brown’s Murder: A Process Post
- “The Root, Stem, Leaves, & Fruit of American Education” [Part 3]
- An Open Letter to the NAIS Board re: John Chubb’s Appointment
- After #Ferguson: Sample Questions for Reflection & Discussion in Our Schools (via #PubPriBridge)
- Reading Comprehension Strategies from Ms. Lockhart's 4th Grade Students
- Revolutionary Love: Antonia Darder’s ‘Reinventing Paulo Freire’
- “Plant the Seeds that One Day Will Grow” (Farewell Comments to Colleagues)
- A.I.M.ing for Inclusion with the NAIS Assessment of Inclusivity and Multiculturalism (Resources from #PoCC Workshop C-4)
- Reflections on Citizenship, #DigitalCitizenship, and Parenting for #DigCitWk
- 45 Minutes, 28 Teachers, 76 Questions: Creating an Environment & Climate Conducive to Learning
- “Always Starting with the Children”
- ‘I Respectfully Dissent:’ Reflections on This Week in Race & Education
- No, Dan Pink: Teaching is Not ‘Selling’ & Learning is Not ‘Buying’
- The Crosswalks of Cultural Competency & The Common Core (Conference Workshop Proposal)
- This IS the Plate: School-Wide Goals for Learning at Curtis School
- Driving Questions about White Allyship (#PoCC13)
- “Engagement, Respect & Reciprocity in Public-Private School Partnerships” (#EdCampLA #errppp)
- Reflections on Popular Posts in 2013 (Chris.Thinnes.me)
- More Questions Still for the NAIS Board (#naispres)
- ASCD Whole Child Blog: “Don’t Settle for the Okey-Doke”
COMPLETE INDEX OF POSTS
RECENT TWEETS FROM @ChrisThinnes
- Teaching Ferguson http://t.co/zqMMB7gvMs
- Zotero group http://t.co/btg6rgN04e
4 mins ago
RT @samarthbhaskar: How many ice buckets do I have to pour over my head to raise awareness of racially charged police homicides in America?
Say what you will about #TFA nat'l--I will too--but first check out the inspiring work of @MsPackyetti & team in #STL w/#TeachForFerguson...
RT @Colorlines: Dream Defenders Release National Demands for Their #Handsup Don't Shoot Movement http://t.co/MYodoHYyZH
"If social justice will be victorious in all the world..I don’t care who will remember me or my poems" Samih al-Qasim http://t.co/4i78bLjxnT
"From a Tangle of Pathology to a Race-Fair America" Aja, Busillo, Darity, Hamilton: http://t.co/8TOAjrNp6n (HT @DianeRavitch)
RT @pgow: #PubPriBridge -inspired session for #NAISAC15 accepted! Excited to join @JohnEdwardChubb @Mamarobertson4 @ChrisThinnes @pammoran & more!
- #Ferguson resources: - #FergusonSyllabus - Teaching Ferguson http://t.co/zqMMB7gvMs - Zotero group http://t.co/btg6rgN04e #edchat #isedchat